memyselfandeye

My photo
Little Slice of Heaven, Rural Pennsylvania, United States
wife. mommie. daughter. home-maker. my family is my passion. when not chasing children, husband, or pets about i like to bake, sew, quilt, cook, dig in the dirt, tromp around, take pictures, ponder, and fill my lungs with good, clean air. i am a very blessed girl.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Pretty little maids all in a row. . . .

awaiting their first bath in the creek.  Wild leeks---and wild they are indeed.  The aroma of wild leeks on the breath can send even the most devoted and passionate lover running for the hills.  Nature's spring tonic:  pungent, earthy, biting---a face-punch of flavor that lingers well past its original invite.  How we love them here at House of Bricolage.  Mushroom and wild leek quiche, wild leek and potato soup, leek dip, cheesy omelets with sauteed leeks, the list goes on and on. 


I will freeze and dehydrate Nature's bounty until the season is over.  
And then I will entertain lovely little leek dreams while awaiting next spring. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment