memyselfandeye

My photo
Little Slice of Heaven, Rural Pennsylvania, United States
wife. mommie. daughter. home-maker. my family is my passion. when not chasing children, husband, or pets about i like to bake, sew, quilt, cook, dig in the dirt, tromp around, take pictures, ponder, and fill my lungs with good, clean air. i am a very blessed girl.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Raccoon, possum, fox...

mink, rat, fisher....

Someone of that ilk had a delicious, serendipitous snack of....


wild turkey eggs.
We knew of a hen on a nest of 9 eggs.  We found 7 eggs in the condition of the above.  That's life in the food chain, particularly if you're a ground nester.  It's a wonder any survive at all.


They're still pretty though, don't you think?





2 comments:

  1. Betty, I love your blog. Marry me!

    I am: Smitten in Central PA.

    ReplyDelete