memyselfandeye

My photo
Little Slice of Heaven, Rural Pennsylvania, United States
wife. mommie. daughter. home-maker. my family is my passion. when not chasing children, husband, or pets about i like to bake, sew, quilt, cook, dig in the dirt, tromp around, take pictures, ponder, and fill my lungs with good, clean air. i am a very blessed girl.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A love letter, of sorts. . .

Today, our biggest boy turns 21 years of age.  When he entered my life, he was a precocious, adorable little guy of just 7.  It was instant momhood for me, and love at first sight.  We've had our ups and downs, much like every parent-teen relationship, but these past many years it has been up, up, and up.  He has matured into such a lovely young man.  Smart, compassionate, handsome, funny, happy, reliable, solid of morals, principled of nature, lover of all things family---the very best sort of son, and the very best sort of friend.  He'll be embarking on an adventure soon, on the West Coast, making his very own way in the big world, far from hearth and home.  I know he'll do well, and he knows we're with him every step of the way.

He gets my jokes.  He makes me laugh.  He loves me through and through.  
And I couldn't love him any more than if I'd pushed him out into this world myself.  


Happy birthday, C. 
I * love * you


1 comment:

  1. Color me inspired:
    http://charliesbookshelf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete